This page enables you to view and download POINT data for the current GCM forecasts for the next 6 months, including the matching Observed data used for the Bias correcting.
- At this time the Observed valuse are from the ERA5 dataset however the plan is to replace it with observed station data as it becomes available.
- The point data is bias corrected using the 1993-2016 hindcast period however the full observed record is included up to the day before the forecast data to provide a full longterm record.
- The point data is obtained by using a Nearest Neighbour interpolation so the actual point provided may not match the selected point exactly.
- The forecast data currently includes 6 GCM models: ECMWF, UKMO, DWD, NCEP, CMCC, and METEO. Other models may be included at a later date.
- All the ensembles (start times) are included as seperate files. Each model may have a different number of ensembles. It is recommended that for modelling the full distribution is included.
- PLEASE NOTE: Complete Daily Downloads are usually over 100 Mb and could take up to 60 seconds to generate.
To start select a point by clicking on the map to the left.